Saturday 21 July 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

I shouldn't really be blogging right now. I should really be looking for work. And quickly.
It's 20 years since I left school, ill equipped for life in Thatcher's Britain, with just a handful of qualifications- if that handful was represented by Jeremy Beadle's tiny paw-that I managed to scrape together having somewhat lost interest in my education, during my first real bout of depression.
But despite, or maybe because of my melancholic moodswings I have always worked. Except when I didn't need to and took a few weeks off here and there to relax.
So here I sit, 38 years old, firing my disappointingly short CV off to random employers, and so far...nothing. Not a glimmer of interest. It's like my School Discos of 1984 all over again. In fact, in an attempt to relive these days to the full, I should really stick on my cherry red DMs, shabby cardigan and "Hatful of Hollow".
Actually. Hold on, "William It Was Really Nothing" is now blasting out and I'm feeling quite inspired. "the rain falls hard on a humdrum town, this town has dragged you down..."
Do you know, there might be something to this. I'll keep you posted.
In the meantime, if you know anyone who wants to employ an indie loving, gentleman's outfitter/tailor/kilt salesman/ former independent radio presenter/blogger, let me know.

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Best of luck with the job search. It isn't easy but I really hope that something comes up for your soon. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you.

bethnoir said...

Good to have you back in the world of blogging. Keep positive, I hope something great turns up soon, maybe send your CV to somewhere random and see what happens? I did it with my PGCE applications and had a very happy year in Norwich. By the way what has the Sunday paper horoscope advised?

Gari said...

Thank you both. Although, Gwen be careful that by crossing everything you're not going to cause yourself terrible arthritic problems in later life. My horoscope says "...don't let anxieties about what might happen stop you from fulfilling your dreams." And today's says that I can "expect to be feeling a lot less concerned about (my) brilliant career...party, wear yourself out"
However, I'm not sure, what with a lot of my dreams being about BatCats.

bethnoir said...

Do batcats live in caves and have you told me about them before or am I going mad? I had an extended dream about my grandmother dying, but she's okay, I phoned her. Perhaps you should have a party though, that's nearly always a good idea.

Gwen said...

Good point Gari. They've been crossed now for several days and are rather stiff. Hopefully it will have done the trick. I'm certainly not as supple as I used to be and my boss wasn't pleased when I said I couldn't type due to crossed fingers.

Valentine Suicide said...

Good luck with job search Gari. You need to sort it out if only to save poor Gwen's fingers...