Friday 16 January 2009

I Dream To Sleep

Do dreams mean anything? I only ask as on Wednesday night I had a dream that I can't even begin to work out. It's not my Jimmy Saville living in the moor next to my house dream, nor is it the Bat Cat dream. It's not even the "I murdered someone years ago, no-one realised, in fact, even I had forgotten about it, until the body turned up in my bedroom" dream.
No, my dream went like this:
I was walking down the high street, on my way to the barbershop.
I popped into the shop next door to it, and behind the counter was magazine genius and former "Whistle Test" presenter Mark Ellen. He offered to cut my hair for free, rather than going to the barbershop, so I let him. When he showed me my image in the mirror, the reflection was of rock icon Ian Gillan. "You've made me look like Ian Gillan" I said. "Yeah, but if you go next door they'll fix it for you. Tell them I did it and they'll sort it for free" said Mr Ellen. We said our goodbyes and I left the shop. Then I woke up.
Any ideas?

2 comments:

bethnoir said...

I'm not sure of the significance, have you been reading the Word? I saw a clip (from Whistle Test) of Mark Ellen interviewing Roy Harper and Jimmy Page somewhere in the lake district and wearing some appalling clothing. Don't think I'd want him to cut my hair.

Was it Ian Gillan in the lovely dark brown flowing locks style or a different one? No bad thing, to look like Ian Gillan, I think.

I had a dead body turning up dream, but in mine my six year old son had killed the victim and I didn't know what to do about it. Dreams are cool aren't they?

Gari said...

No, it was the flowing locks. Which is a bit odd considering my own, short greying hair. I do like a strange dream though. Even if I did spend most of the following day wondering who it was I had killed.